New York real estate activity in 2021 took New York by surprise. The pundits who predicted the demise of the city turned out to be wrong and 2021 developed into one of the most robust sales and rental years within memory. The New York City market is very much alive and there are plentiful investment opportunities.
Manhattan proved especially resilient in the luxury new development market, with sales topping all expectations. So this week, I’m welcoming Carolyn Joy and Ian McGowan from Brown Harris Stevens to the podcast to share their input on the New York City Market. Carolyn and Ian are both innovative and results-oriented professionals, and their personal approach is a rare find in the world of New York City real estate.
Join us this week as Carolyn and Ian share how they came to real estate in the city and when they started working together, and some things that buyers need to keep in mind when buying in Manhattan. They share their insights on the Manhattan market, the various opportunities available currently and why there is a lot to be optimistic about in 2022.
If you enjoyed today’s show, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find Your Real Estate Connection in Westchester. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe, rate, and review!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What Carolyn and Ian envision for the Manhattan market in 2022.
- A recap on the Brooklyn market in 2021.
- What happened to the New York City real estate market in 2021 and what’s in store for 2022.
- Which part of New York City took the biggest hit throughout the pandemic.
- Why foreign buyers are likely to become more active in the market in 2022.
- Some statistics about the current Manhattan market.
- Why being willing to do a little bit of work will get you more of a deal in the current market.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you enjoyed today’s show, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find Your Real Estate Connection in Westchester. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe, rate, and review!
- Ep #20: The Bright Future of Brooklyn