YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR HOME!! CONGRATULATIONS!! NOW WHAT??
I am dedicated to you before, during & after the sale. I have a list of resources for you to choose from for all types of home services you may need.
Here are some valuable tips I’ve collected along the way that you will find useful as you plan your move. Not all will apply and there may also be more you need to do. This is just a guide to make things a little easier. Preparations can be extensive, so advance planning and a checklist really helps.
- TURN ON UTILITIES: Set aside an hour to make these calls. Phone, electricity, TV, water (if applicable), gas/oil/propane company and other services. You can schedule in advance with a turn on date.
- CHANGE OF ADDRESS CARD: Order or make your own change of address card announcing your new mailing address, “as of _____”.
- VISIT THE POST OFFICE WEBSITE TO CHANGE ADDRESS/FORWARD MAIL: USPS.COM You’ll want to have everything set up formally before you move.
- HAVE EXTRA KEYS MADE OR HIRE LOCKSMITH: Be sure to make extra keys right away, to ensure you have backup. Or hire a locksmith to change all the locks. If you are having contractors coming prior to your move-in date, have locks changed after all the work is completed.
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL CLEANING SERVICE: You can set it up for closing day or as you make your final transition.
- ASK FOR NAMES/NUMBER OF EXISTING CONTRACTORS: This includes landscaper, exterminator, tree service, septic, alarm co, water softener company, pool maintenance person. Set up a time to meet and see if they are right for you before you move on to someone else.
- CONTACT POLICE STATION: Let them know you just moved in and also to register the new inf the weekly services. Do they offer children’s programs?
- VISIT THE SCHOOL WITH YOUR CHILD: It’s very helpful to children to see the school they will be attending before the actual day.
- SPEND A COUPLE OF HOURS IN YOUR NEW TOWN: Get a feel for your new town, introduce yourself.formation for your Alarm system
- PLACES OF WORSHIP: Introduce yourself to the head of the Congregation. Be informed about the times o
- IF HOME IS A RELOCATION PROPERTY: Be sure to ask your attorney if there is specific language in the contract pertaining to timing of walkthrough for potential issues before closing. ie: 48 notice and estimates for any issues discovered at walkthrough.
- Research moving companies
- JOIN THE VARIOUS FACEBOOK PAGES IN YOUR NEW AREA
- CHECK OUT THE GYMS IN THE AREA, SEE WHAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU
- ASK FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS FOR BABYSITTER RECOMMENDATIONS
- RESEARCH THE SPORTS PROGRAM, THE DANCE SCHOOL ETC